Monday, May 27, 2013

Never Underestimate the power of "rub offs" !!


Has anyone ever had a rub off effect on you?


Have you ever been around someone that you respect, admire..someone who inspires you every second....someone who you feel can change your world, how you view the world....someone who can teach you so many things by just giving one look....someone who lives his/her life in a way that you just learn by watching them....?? 


We seldom believe in the fact that people we associate could change our lives. So many people do talk about it; How we need to be around people who are positive, who have achieved things in life, who can give you direction, who sees something in you. But sometimes we get so lost in our day to day lives that we often forget what they can bring in to your life. May be you know such people around you but tend to ignore or be blind to what they can bring in to your life. 

BUT, have you ever thought how much someone could change everything from the way you look at the world to way you look at your self??

Have you ever taken the risk to know a stranger who could ultimately be the person who totally makes you find your own light?

There are people in this world who has been through what you are going through, who have lived the fears and conquered them, who have suffered just like you BUT survived. In life, sometimes you get too busy living for today that you forget who you are and what you are meant to be. Sometimes, you tend to live for others, be the happiness of others that you forget that you have a life of your own to live. Sometimes you sacrifice so many things for the sake of others to realize that it had meant nothing to them. Sometimes you waste your time on work, people, materialistic things which you temporarily think is important, that you forget the purpose of your life, your passion, your dreams.

A month back, I was there..Lost in everyone's world trying to find mine. I did not know what real happiness, satisfaction, purpose or way to live until I met a stranger. I did not know what was there in it for me. But ..But .. I wanted to take the risk to know where this might lead me...and today it has been one month and I have never felt happier about any other decision I have made in my life. The decision to place my trust on this person has turned out to be the best thing that has ever happened to me. Who would have ever thought a total stranger one month back could be my mentor, adviser, a friend? 

The amount of changes in my life, my perceptions, my views, my behavior and how I look at my self has changed so much just because someone saw something in me..and if i ever did shut my self to that opportunity when it came up, I would have still been the lost sole I was. But today everything is new. My life has a new purpose, way beyond what I believed I could be..It has a new meaning and it has a dream, vision that seems so realistic. Just because I opened my life to a person who was a real winner.

Some might say I over react...some might say it is stupid...some might give it wrong interpretations....But within my self I know how much of values a great person could  rub off  if you are around them...

We always underestimate great people. We underestimate their achievements. Some times we are too stubborn to accept our weaknesses and be open about our mistakes. But when you realize how small you are in front of a real gentleman/woman, you realize all you can do is open up your life to everything he/she can offer you to be your best!

I don't really know if I am able to translate the way i feel in to words but sometimes we need to stop in our life, open up to see where we are..take risks , get to know great people, stick to them because no one else could change your world than someone who was there in your position before and survived. Never close your life to everything they have to offer because each second is a second of knowledge, wisdom, experience and you can never give a monetary value to that.

When you give your self real freedom to dream, real freedom to be independent, real freedom to know your self, amazing things can happen. Happiness , satisfaction you never knew existed could embrace your life. All you need is open up and let someone great ignite the spark in you.. rest would be history !!

In ten years from now, I know how grateful I would be for this person just for the opportunity he gave me to be around him. Never underestimate the power of "rub offs". It could be the only thing that you need right now to change your world !

P.S: If the positive could be this strong, do not forget what you will be lead on to if you associate the wrong people in life. It's your choice to be great or to be worst!

1 comment:

  1. I love your style of writing... Somehow, where you have been before writing this post, I am now... I hope I find the stone that creates the ripple for me. Sometimes one wonders why discovering self is so hard... I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog.. There is a strength, a solace in discovering others who have trodden this path before...

    ReplyDelete