Sunday, January 25, 2015

Don't laugh at me !



I am the one who is not perfect, not perfect in your eyes;
the one that doesn't belong in the rest of your minds.
the one being called names and has his head down all the time..
caz he doesn't want to show the tears falling from his eyes..
I don't have it in the "perfect" ways you define the perfection..
You stand a little taller all the time and makes me feel smaller than I am,
God created you and me in his perfect ways..so friend, let me tell you...
We all are perfect in our own ways..
You say I am dark, too fair, short or too tall,fat or too skinny, how can I have it all?
You call me names caz I have no daddy and my mummy's never home,
You look down on me caz I have no money and I always walk to school,
Got no cars, no luxury to show, no fancy food , no dimes...
I get called names caz he dumped me and shared our pics online,
I sold drugs last week to have some cash to buy my mum's medicine,
I told it to cops caz I knew it was wrong and paid my dues so weak..
You say am a loner, do you know I lost my family in the war..
Can you stop for a moment, that is all I ask; just look in to my eyes,
To see the pain I am drowning in caz the world has sent me aside..
I don't ask you to be my friend or I don't ask you to feel sorry;
Just give me the respect you would give any other that you consider your type.
Caz all of us are born to this world, had no choice to pick who I am,
I have a story and a life to live, just the same way you might.
All I ask is don't laugh at me, don't make me feel out of place,
Don't use my pain to feel the pleasure of having something great..
I am human just like you, need some hope to shine a little bright.
But my tears makes it so blurry all the time I hear you call me names,
If life was better for you even a bit for you to feel a little taller than me,
Please don't laugh at me but help me be the person I am born to be..
All I need is acceptance from the world where you live all the time..
So please don't laugh at me when I try to live my life !
 
 
Credit for the concept:  "Don't laugh at me" by Mark Wills
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment