Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Episode 4 – Drama of packing the bags


Let’s call this the packing day! I decided to pack at one of our other crew member’s places. Even though I was supposed to hit his place at 7am, even at 8am, I am in my room staring at my cupboard full of clothes wondering what to be taken. Everything at this moment seemed so overwhelming.

Result – Six big bags of clothes!

I had a list written in the book of Pitta – not mine. How convenient!

So I finally reach there at 10am and pretty much idled (let’s say idling) till around noon staring at the pile of clothes I brought in.

I was acting such a newbie while someone seemed to have gotten it all together. I think this where as a girl, you look for attention being so helpless. Little bit of attention never did any harm to any independent woman – or so I think.


So I follow instructions – 2 sets each for trekking and nights. Pretty much threw all the clothes on the bed and started putting them together. For a light traveler who I usually am, this whole exercise seemed so overwhelming for many reasons. First – it is not just travelling. Second – So many new clothes: Fleece jackets, thermals, gloves, etc…


What was funny was that it took us some time to figure out which book to take (which in our imagination would be later used to spend our evenings in the heated lobbies while we wait for our food – now turning back, time spent on that was such a wastage)


And my bag is filled up (60L bag).

We step out for a while to get our rest of the vaccinations - Hepatitis A&B.

When we headed back home, guess who had the greatest of the ideas – our fitness fanatic.

DRESS REHEARSAL – I know it sounds funny but at this point, how we looked in all these clothes mattered. (until later we realized that we barely washed our bodies for days). So we wear all the layers of clothes and lie down, sit, dance around and pose. Life is good!


And tired us – end up falling asleep!

Everything at this point, I call a beautiful mess in more than one way and I am loving it.



Next up… I cook chicken from garbage using expired milk


1 comment:

  1. How will a female deal with periods if they get it during the journey.. its going to be really uncomfortable.. are there pills to delay it or stop it :S?

    ReplyDelete